Sometimes I wish I could read her thoughts. Sweet Girl has been asking lots of questions about the baby- What is she going to look like? (Actually, her exact words were "I'm worried about what she is going to look like.") When I told her probably a little like me or a little like Daddy or maybe a mix of both, she paused and said "Is she going to have bangs like you?" I wonder then does she not like my bangs or does she think it will just look weird on the baby?
Yesterday she wanted to know more about the c-section and what they use to cut my stomach. I told her " a scalpel (sp?)" which is like a really sharp knife. She said "like a steak knife?" ( Jeff thinks steak knives are the only kitchen knife worth anything and he cuts everything with one - tomatoes, apples, and of course meat. She has heard numerous discussions between us about sharp knives and now I know he has convinced her he is right, and I am wrong about appropriate knives!) I quickly answered that no steak knives would be use because that would leave a big ugly scar and is definatly not what a doctor would use!
All of these conversations took place while she sat next to me crocheting the longest chain in the world. I am soaking up the precious moments alone with each of the kids in this final week before our world get turned upside down by the newest arrival.
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment