Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I wonder...

Do you wonder what makes people want to be the president of the United States? I don't think you could pay me enough to be a politician much less the President! I'm watching the debate last night and thinking do they really think they are the best man for the job or does everyone around them think that and has encouraged them, pushed them to that point? Was it their ambition in life to become the president or did someone approach them and say " I think you should run for president."? If I had to pick a canidate based on their answer I think I would pick the one who came to the decision more gradually. Somebody who gradually worked their way up through positions of leadership and is just passionate about their country and really has the desire to lead in many different situations. If you listen to either canidate talk they both talk about patriotism and wanting to lead and change things but I'm a little cynical and a little suspicious of their real motives. To be fair its not their fault - its jsut a sign of "my generation" (I think I'm a generation xer but not really sure) and the culture we live in. I just wish I could trust them both so that I wouldn't get this sinking feeling in my stomach when I anticipate "the other canidate" (Obama) winning. I'm a little anxious but maybe I'll jsut go turn on Rush and see if he has any encouraging news.
BTW I though McCain did great in the debate last night but Obama was pretty good too. It jsut comes down to what you believe - bigger government, more taxes, appeasment, or the opposite. Who are these people who don't have it figured out which side of the fence they want to stand? I don't understand why someone would still be undecided?! If that is you please explain to me!

2 comments:

B-Rad said...

What is more baffling is the idea that more gov. is ever going to mean less taxes.

I think I would rather have the gradual conversion to wanting to be president but, what scares me the most is the Masses blind passion for someone who lets face it is a far better and more polished presenter. If I was going to prop someone up to be president McCain seems like less of a choice. Don't get me wrong Obama Scares the #%%$^^ out of me but If I was McCain I would stand farther away when presenting with O beside him. I don't know if I got anything new out of the debate other than if I was ignorant Obama would look pretty good. Lets pray for people to be passionate or at least not Apathetic and lazy.

Grandma W said...

I agree with Brad that O is much more polished, but that makes me suspect even more of being a liar. I have usually found that the suave and slick talkers can't be trusted. It is extremely scary to think of Obama winning and what that will mean for our country.
By the way who ever wrote the original nees to check the spelling of "just". Once I can handle, but over and over, just got to say something. Probably comes from having to correct your Dad all the time.