Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Birthday

 
Before the cake.
 
After the cake (He ate the whole thing in record time!)
One year ago today we were in the hospital looking down on our tiny 3lb. 16 inch son all hooked up to tubes and lines dying to just hold him. It wasn't at all what I pictured his birthday being like! I was weak from the c-section and could barely stand next to the isolette holding his little hand and crying over him. But... God gave us the strength to get through the first two months in the hospital and he had very few problems or set backs. He grew stronger and bigger and now he is a healthy strong one year old who I treasure all day (and night) long. He seems to learn something new all the time and makes his sister, Daddy and Mommy laugh all the time. Happy Birthday I.!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This made me cry...I can't believe that he is 1 year old (I forget he's just 1 month younger than Zane!) That boy is precious and such an answer to prayer! So happy for your sweet family!

Grandma W said...

I don't know, but maybe I am a little prejudice, but he is the most handsome little fellow I have seen in a long time.