Thursday, May 7, 2009

The thing about bluebonnets...

For those of you who aren't from Texas it might help to know that bluebonnets are the Texas state flower and in the spring you will see huge carpets of blue in the fields where they are growing. It is "the thing to do" to take your pictures in the bluebonnets. The problem is everytime I take the kids out to get their pictures in them I get this kind of a face from Sweet girl!
 
Once we climb throught the itchy grass and flowers to the selected spot she doesn't want to sit because its itchy or muddy and she makes a "why are you making me do this" face and looks so uncomfortable so years from now when she is lookign through the scrap book and wants to know why I put this picture in the book I will tell her because her face is so descriptive and it makes me laugh!
 
  Little boy on the other hand didn't seem to mind so much but then I didn't make him sit in it either! (It helps that Daddy was making goofy faces at him.)
Posted by Picasa

* As a disclaimer we only picked one bluebonnet and I think we were on state property so don't turn us in! Sweet girl was very worried we would go to jail for picking a bluebonnet!

2 comments:

Mike said...

Great pictures. I will be making a citizens arrest shortly, however...

Grandma W said...

I love his laugh. Maybe on her knees is a better psoe than sitting down in it.