5. A hot meal has become a thing of the past (except that it is so hot outside I don't really mind right now!)
4. Laundry seems to triple with each new family member.
3. Watching Jeff try to get everyone ready to go and out the door in less than 30 minutes.
2. Trying to get all the kids in a picture and smiling all at the same time. (This may be the impossible task.)
1. Trying to get all the kids to go to sleep at the same time so that their exhausted parents can get a nap or just finally end the day!
The baby is a month old now and I'm finally feeling recovered enough to get out of the house some and I'm learning how to manage the toddler and infant. Sweet Girl is a big help and I love how she plays with her little brother! I'm trying to hold onto these days and treasure the moments at home with the kids - it all goes by so fast.
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
1 comment:
Right now you don't have any idea how fast that time goes. Wait until you see the first of them going off to college and think it was only moments ago that you held that small baby in your arms.
Yes, getting a hot meal for Mom - well it will be a few years and then you will have to learn to enjoy it all over again and they will be running in many directions with school activities when you are finally able to do that.
Now the evenings are way to quiet and you look forward to things that are not routine. Enjoy each moment of each day, they will fly by.
Post a Comment