Monday, August 11, 2008

Do you think I can?

I am going to run a half marathon! There I said it, the committment is in print so it is a done deal! I will either do the one in November or January I haven't decided yet. It will be depend on how much time I need to train for it. I have never run 6 miles all together much less 13 but I will do it. I have a plan which is the only reason I really feel empowered enough to do it. I have everything I need ( shoes, a jogging stroller and when Chloe goes back to school hopfully the time.) Does it sound like I'm still talking myself into it- well I am!
I know at least half of you think Jeff and I are "health nuts" and that we exercise all the time and eat only healthy food. Just so you know I had an attack last night and I HAD TO HAVE ICE CREAM! We do still indulge ourselves probablly more than you think we do but we do like our vegetables too.
***I'm not posting about Jeff's triathalon yesterday because I'm letting him do that but just so you know the kids and I are very proud of him and enjoyed cheering him on yesterday. ***

1 comment:

eklanica said...

I know you can do it! I have also been wanting to run a 1/2 marathon. With school and kids I keep telling myself I don't have enough time. In reality I am sure I do. If you guys like mountain biking and hiking/running, you might also like the Muddy Buddy. This is a short race and the mud pit crawl at the end is the icing on the cake!