Well as you know I'm training for my next triathlon on Sep. 21st. I have a six week training plan I've been doing for about 2 and a half weeks. It's for those of us that don't have a lot of time for extensive training. It's working very well. I swim on Tuesdays and Fridays, run on Wednesdays, bike on Thursdays, brick on Saturdays, and rest on Mondays. I did my first open water swim in Belton Lake the other day with some of my fellow triathletes, we swam 800 meters or half a mile. It doesn't sound like it's very far, but trust me, it is. I did pretty good. I didn't panick. Some people panick because they can't see the bottom or they KNOW they can't stand up, it's either swim or drown. I was taught to swim in lakes and ponds so I don't have this problem. The problem I have with open water swimming, is swimming in a straight line. I'm right handed so I tend to push myself to the left. It's going to take some practice but I'll get it right. The biggest and most important part of my training is my family support. My lovely wife supports me 110%. Sweet Girl likes to ride her bike with me while I run and Little Boy Blue always gives me a big smile when I return.
Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me, I'm 33 today but.....I still feel 25 most of the time........(inside joke for my family).
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
2 comments:
I made him a nice big chocolate cake for his birthday so I can fatten him back up (all this biking, swimming and running has diminished his love handles!)
33? Wow...you are getting up there, buddy. Does Aimee have your nursing home picked out?
Seriously, happy birthday.
Mike
Post a Comment