Friday, August 8, 2008

The time is near....

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the Temple Triathlon is this Sunday!! After 5 weeks of training, I think I've managed to whip myself into shape again (with the help of my two trainers...Garry and Kristi, thanks!). I'm hoping to complete the race in under 1 hour. I've looked at the average times from the past few years and it seems around 1 hour is average, if not a little on the faster side. I'm running 2-3 miles and biking 10 miles easily now. My swim has improved dramatically thanks to Kristi and Garry. Since I've been training, I've improved my 350 meter swim by 40 seconds to 8 minutes and 50 seconds. It is all about technique and practice. I think I may do another triathlon after this one. It is a 800 meter swim, 18 mile bike ride, and a 3.1 mile run. I'll let ya'll know how and if that goes.

Take care,

Jeff (using Aimee's account)

2 comments:

Grandma W said...

Oh to be young again. One of these days when I get the will power maybe I will do one of those where you only have to go about 3 miles. I think that is my limit.
Mom

Mike said...

Best of luck, Jeff. Let me know how it goes.

Mike M.