Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Olympic fever

We have olympic fever! We haven't posted in days I know but every night were glued to the tv watching all these sports. (For the record this is the only two weeks every two years I enjoy watching sports on tv.) So here are the top 4 things that have been sooo cool so far.
1. Micheal Phelps- I can't swim one length of the pool much less race someone and he is a machine! I can't believe how many races he participated in and won!
2. Did you watch the women's marathon? UNBELIEVABLE! The women who won was running a little over 5 minutes a mile for TWENTY SIX MILES! And she is 38! I heard that those olympic marathoners run like 120 miles a week which is completely ridiculous. I can't believe their bodies can take that kind of pounding.
3. Misty May- Turner and Karri Walsh I love watching beach volleyball and they make it look so easy.
4. Did you see the guys on the steel rings last night? They are incrediblly strong! Who cares if you can lift a huge amounts of weights those guys can lift their bodies and hold them parallel to the floor with their arms spread. They are using muscles I didn't know existed.
I think this is going to have to be an ongoing list....
We don't have cable so tell me what I'm missing on the cable channels!

No comments: