Monday, September 22, 2008

Burnet Tri Hard Triathlon

My Burnet Tri Hard Tiathlon is now behind me. I wanted to complete the race in under two hours. I decided if I finished in 2 hours 5 minutes, that would be ok. I finished the race in 1 hour and 47 minutes!! Unlike the Temple Tri, instead of me passing a lot people, I was passed by a lot of people. Although I did pass some, they were few and far between. The swim went very well, although I was nervous at how far it was. I started swimming at a moderate pace keeping in mind I had a long way to go. Once I was at the turn around buoy, I realized I wasn't tired. The swim back to the shore was much faster. I got out of the water and ran to my transition spot where I found my wet feet had a lot grass on them. I just wiped them off real fast and put my socks and cycling shoes on. The bike had a lot of hills at the biginning then it was pretty flat, the bad part was that it was a loop, so you had to do the hills at the END of the bike also. Getting back to the bike to run transition felt good, I was that tired. I racked my bike and chaged shoes and began my run. As I started the run I had some muscle spasms in my lower back but they went away quickly. My side started to hurt I thought "I know I'm in better shape than this, what's wrong?" At that point I started to breathe through my nose more and the cramping in my side stopped. I picked up my pace all the way to the finish line. The breakdown of my race is, Swim 21 minutes, bike 1 hour, and the run was 24 minutes. If you add the minutes up it will be short, that is b\c my transition times are taken out. Next year will be the year I complete an Olympic distance tri. That is a one mile swim, 24 mile bike ride and 6.2 mile run. I'll let everyone know when and where it is.

Jeff

No comments: