So I have been making my own bread... in a bread maker. This morning I was asking Sweet girl if she wanted another pb&j sandwhich in her lunch like yesterday and she was said well I do but not the bread. When we finally sorted out what she was trying to say it turns out that the kids at school were making fun of her "big bread". ( I should have prefaced this by saying when you make bread in the bread maker it does come out to be a larger more square kind of loaf with slices that are bigger than the normal store bought bread.) Poor thing! She said she tried to tell them her mom made it but they wouldn't listen. So now I feel bad that my funky bread caused her problems. Instead of reacting how I wanted to and acting mad I started giggling and told her maybe the bread did look a little funny and it was big so how about half a sandwhich instead of the whole thing. Then I told her I guess it might look funny with a "GIANT" sandwhich and I told her about the picture in my head of her trying to eat a "giant" sandwhich. She thought that was pretty funny and readily agreed to half a sandwhich instead. So I think I'll keep making the bread but work on slicing it a little smaller. A little sense of humor goes a long way with sweet girl (she gets that from her dad). Today was a victorious moment for me as a mom- victory over snotty little kids at school who make fun of my bread and the sweet girl who gets caught in the middle. Now I'm just waiting for them to make fun of my little reusable bags I made out of vinal (sp?) placemats and velcro.
No comments:
Post a Comment