Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We have the worst tooth fairy!

Sweet girl lost another tooth last night (that makes 8 all together). She faithfully put it in her little pillow and said "I hope she doesn't forget again!" You see our tooth fairy is very unreliable- she has forgetten at least three other times to come get the tooth. Once she even forgot two nights in a row and we had to call her and threaten to fire her if she didn't come that night. So last night I was sure the tooth fairy would remember but... she must have fallen asleep on the couch or something because she forgot! I told sweet girl maybe she got up too early and the tooth fairy hadn't come yet because it was such a busy night and maybe she would come and get the tooth while she was at school. To be honest, I am getting tired of making excuses for the tooth fairy! Why can't she just remember! Maybe I should start writing her notes or tying a string around her finger. Any suggestions? (BTW Sweet girl is starting to look like a jack-o-lantern- she keep losing teeth and not growing any new ones in!)

2 comments:

eklanica said...

You're not alone! This happens all the time to me as well. Fortunately, for me, McKenna asked if Santa was legit a couple of weeks ago. I was honest and told her no...thankfully, she wasn't crushed. Since then I've been asked about the Easter Bunny and, just a couple of days ago, the Tooth Fairy. Now when the next dangling tooth finally lets go, I'm just forking over the dollars right then, before I forget!

Aimee said...

Chloe asked last Christmas about Santa but when we told her the truth she didn't believe us! She kept saying stuff like "then where do the presents come from?" Nothing we could say convinced her that it was all a big game. Now she acts like we never had the conversation.