Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Political talk from a 7 year old.

Given the date (Nov. 4th) I thought I'd give you a glimpse of the conversations we have been having around here for the last week or so....
Sweet girl keeps coming home telling us about a classmate who has warned her that if Obama becomes president then she and her family are moving from the country because he is going to take all our guns so we can't go hunting and he going to come take our money too! So I tried to explain to her about taxes and how the government takes a portion of our income to give to others who can't find a job and for roads and schools and stuff like that. After I finished trying to explain it she says "Why would anyone want to get a job if they are going to take your money and give it to other people?!" Out of the mouths of babes....

2 comments:

B-Rad said...

You have to love how kids simplify things to the root. Now that we have spoken as a people and Chosen Obama. Ask Sweet Girl now what?

As times change lets hope and pray that we remember Gods in control and runs a far bigger show.

Keep country and us in your prayers in the next couple months

Aimee said...

She jumped out of bed Wednesday morning wanting to know "Who is the new president?" When we said Obama her face fell and then i asked her where she wanted to move Canada or Mexico (hot or cold?) She was a little unsure.
God is in control and I'm letting my anxieties rest and hoping in the abundant life we are promised.