I hardly ever make new years resolutions because they are usually the same things I keep trying to resolve to do month after month and year after year. Instead I've started setting goals which isn't much different except for me they tend to be more specific. For example one of my goals for the new year is to clean out one room a week for the next month and build my garage sale pile up to a decent level. (Maybe because I'm pregnant but I am serious about getting rid of some of this stuff I'm surrounded by!) I will have a garage sale by March.
Goal #2- Walk at least four days a week until the baby is born and then be running again by August. A 5K by October a 10K in November and a 1/2 marathon by January 2010.
Goal #3- retype and organize my recipes better.
Now that I wrote them down I hope it will help me stick to it better.
The other thing about New Years is saying goodbye to another year. The years seem to be going by so much faster then they did when I was young. The kids are growing so fast and fill our lives with so much joy! The other day I was thinking that I really have everything I always wanted : a husband I love and kids I adore. Life doesn't get much better! (However I didn't realize how many dishes and loads of laundry the kids and husband would produce, somebody should have warned me about that.)
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
2 comments:
When you get to organizing the recipes send me the Mint Brownie one...those were soooo good!! Please.
Welll the laundry will always be there and the kids toys will dwindle to smaller and more expensive things. Enjoy the time now because as you said the years go by faster and faster. When you all come home you seem to leave a trail of things behind. Infact, I even now have a stack for you. Your youngest brother didn't leave anything except his mail that is building up. The other one left a lot and took some of yours it seems. You think you have a mess, but you didn't see our house the day after everyone left. Your Dad seems to think I gained a maid somewhere because I still have to pick up after him. Housework will always be there and little children grow up, so enjoy the time and the snuggles and hugs now. Time only goes faster.
Post a Comment