Monday, January 26, 2009

I love being a mom!

I really love being a mom! Everyday is not perfect of course but over all I'd say its the most fun job I've ever had. Little boy fills up my day with lots of cuddles and smiles and Sweet girl has so much to say everyday and the way her mind works amazes me sometimes. Sweet girl is about to turn 8 in a couple of weeks and I think I enjoy the kids birtdays more than my own! Maybe because its not as much fun to turn thirty something as it is when your a kid. We have been telling her for a couple of years that she had to wait until she was 8 to get her ears pierced so she has been counting down for the last few months. Sunday we were discussing the where and when and even though she knows it will hurt she isn't backing down. Its funny she can be so scared of new unknown things (not unlike myself) but when she sets her mind on something there is no turning back. The trick is getting her to set her mind on the right things!
I can't believe she is about to turn 8! I want to stop the clock or at least slow it down for a while because the older she gets the less I know what to do and the more challenging the growing up issues. When I first met her she was just a tiny little thing who could barely string together a sentence! Jeff and I were dating when she turned 2 and I gave her this book called "Where is spot?" with little flaps you lift to see if spot the dog was underneath. We must have read that book a million times! Now she is reading chapter books to me at night and I am truly amazed at the girl she is becoming.
Now I should end this because I'm becoming all weepy and nostalgic - must be the pregnancy hormones.

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

Regardless of how old they get, they will always be your child. You will take pride in their accomplishments, you will cry when they hurt, and pray for them when you no longer have the answers. You have all the answers now and in a few years you will wonder how you got so dumb all of a sudden and then one day you are smart again. I don't know if they finally figure out that you know something when all the gray they have given you is showing. Welcome to motherhood!!