I know this lady with the 8 babies has been all over the news especially after people found out she had 6 more at home but I just have to comment. I think it is none of our business how many kids someone else has and if you want a big family more power to you BUT.... What was she thinking! It would be one thing if you have a husband and supportive extended family but to do it as a single mom? Is she out of her mind? The way I see it you'd have two choices in this situation either spend all your time making money to support the little darlings or live off welfare and charity and spend all your time raising the kids. I don't know if I could do either. My pride wouldn't let me live off others (especially when I created the situation,) and I would continuously feel enormous amounts of guilt if I had all these children I couldn't spend any time with. I saw a clip of an interview and she said she did it because she loves children, always wanted a big family and wants to spend her life raising and loving her kids. I think she is a little dilusional if she thinks she can do it all by herself. At the same time there is John and Kate with all thier kids and I don't feel the same way about them. Of course they have had to make sacrifices and compromises along the way too I'm sure ( I don't think I would want my family life paraded on a tv show.) I love the kids I have and would like a big family but I'm glad its not me in her situation!
4 comments:
Yes, but did you hear that each of those kids has been through the invetro process and that the way she paid for the invetro was because she was being paid through workman's comp for an injury. I agree it probably isn't any of our business, but now our tax dollars will be supporting this family of 14 children. I don't want to see the children suffer, but I do have a problem with her being a single mom and oing this and we have to now pay for it. She evidently does not expect to be paid for interviews, but is hoping to make money on her story. I am not sure she is really stable.
I think she really just wants a reality show and that this was just a stop on her ladder to success. Crazy lady. And while I'm on this box women were meant to have babies not litters!!!
I loved the last line. Maybe we should tell her that.
I think the comments above highlight why you have different feelings regarding this woman with octuplets and Jon & Kate. The woman in the news seems to be wanting attention at the expense of the American taxpayer. Jon and Kate sought after one baby, not a bunch, and are funding their family through their own work and ventures - granted it draws on the American viewer and the public's fascination with their family, but at least the Americans supporting them financially are CHOOSING to do so. They also don't candy coat their situation and have said, when asked for information about having multiples, that they are not to be viewed as models but rather seen as a fertility treatment nightmare. Attitude makes all the difference.
Post a Comment