I have failed to teach my sweet daughter how to clean her room! Maybe you have to be born an organizer and a cleaner? She was born a hoarder. Some days I just want to go in there and clean it and purge all the "party favors" and excess toys with missing parts. However, I know that doesn't help her learn to clean. So instead I have to spend the whole time in her room directing her to piles of stuff, prodding her to either throw away or keep. I know this is fascinating blogging right? The life and time of moms everywhere.
2 comments:
I think this is really more about being a little girl and possibly about traveling between two or three homes for her. I know you may not remember, but you also liked to keep lots of treasures. It was only as you got older and moved into a house without much space that you have to be more organized.
I have to tell you that spending the night in your DD's room made me feel so much more relaxed about McKenna and her obsessions with trinkets and treasures and how they should all be displayed. I agree, I thinks it is part of being a little girl. It makes me crazy sometimes, but I think that's because when I was a kid my crazy, OCD parents (and I am NOT exaggerating!) wouldn't even let me hang up a poster on the wall. I think I may have some resentment I need to deal with. :)
Post a Comment