Well, actually it isn't over yet so technically things could still go south but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Upon reflection I am realizing that hosting a slumber party when you are pregnant and always tired is probably not the wisest path to take. However, with the help of some other moms we kept them occupied with food, toenail polish, jewelry making and movies. I did spare Jeff and sent him to my moms with the little guy last night but who knew 8 year old little girls could stay up until 11:30! I myself was falling asleep in the chair by 10:30. Sweet girl and her friend were doing everything they could to stay up until the first person went to sleep so they could mark them with a sticker and I just knew I was going to wake up with a face full of stickers. We have only had a few incidents of hurt feelings so far but I can see things deteriorating from here if the dark circles under their eyes are any indication of how tired they are. It is 9:30, how soon is too soon to call parents for pick up?
We may have to wait a good long while before we invite this many girls at one time! Sweet girl is having a grand time though and that's what really matters!
(As I label this post under "little girls" I have flash back to the movie "Annie" where the Carol Burnet character sings that song about "Little girls" and I have to laugh to myself - I think a houseful of girls 24/7 would drive me to drink too!)
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment