Sunday, June 1, 2008

cell phones

When is the last time you went 24 hours without your cell phone? I remember years ago B.C.P. (Before Cell Phone) I thought it completely unneccessary to carry a phone around all the time. If people want to get a hold of you they can wait until you are at home, when you have time to talk. Plus I thought it was rude when people were talking on their phones in public. Flash forward about 8 years and I can't hardly live without mine!
I still think its kind of rude to talk on the cell phone in public, (but sometimes I do it anyway.) Also I'm now at a stage in my life where the last place I have time to talk is at home! Now I use every day mulitple times! However, this weekend we went to Dallas to pick up Jeff's mom and Jeff left his cell phone at home by mistake. I said, "Don't worry I have mine and I brought the charger!" Then my phone died within an hour of leaving home and I realized I brought the wrong charger too late. We stayed at my brother's house where he has no home phone and he didn't get home from his trip until after we left the next day. That's the long version of why we had no phone for 24 hours. I just knew when we got home that I would have a million messages but sadly no... I am not nearly as loveable as Jeff it seems. The only person who called me was Sweet girl but Jeff on the other hand had like 10 messages.
Now I know I can do it - go 24 hours without the cell phone but I also don't really want to!

3 comments:

B-Rad said...

The cell phone thing is challenging but once you get used to being without the phone it is a burdon lifted. I used to carry mine everywhere and check VM on the phone and my 800# work VM all the time then about 6 weeks ago my phone went nuts and will not hold a charge for more than 3hrs so if Iam not by a charger Iam not by a phone so consequently people don't talk to me and I am less connected to work which has helped my weekends now I can work outside hang out at the pool whatever and don't have the option of working as much. In my sit. this is pretty cool. I never really new that you could turn off your work life but I am forced to here lately.

Aimee said...

I really don't mind forgetting my cell phone b\c I to, don't get calls from work. However I do like to have it in case there is an emergency with Sweet Girl on the days she is not with us. So, for my it is a two way road.

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing in the world of technology that we are extremely tied to our cell phones. I am able to get a lot of calls returned while in the car (I know not really safe), but who has time to waste alone in the car. Besides I use a headset in the car.
Mom
PS I wish I could remember my username for this thing.