In the interest of my health and sanity and Little Boy Blue we have decided to really get serious about sleeping through the night! After 8 months of getting up once or twice every night with very few exception Mama is worn out! I really hoped he would just one day sleep through the night and we wouldn't have to resort to drastic measures but it hasn't happened and so here we go....
Night 1 he woke up at 1:50 and didn't go back to sleep except for a very short 20 minutes between 4:00 and 4:20. I patted, I rocked, I begged and cried along with him but I did not feed him (which it seems is the comfort he thinks he needs.) By 5:30 I passed him off to Daddy and got about 45 minutes sleep before taking him again. Then of course we both took good naps yesterday (thank you Shawna.)
Night 2 he woke up at 12:00 and cried and screamed until 3:00. This time I realized if I pick him up he stops crying immediatly so he is not crying uncontrollably and I felt a little less guilty about just letting him cry in his crib while I dozed in the chair. He woke again at 4:45 cried until 5:30 and then slept until an unheard of 8:00a.m. Unbelievable - he went for 10 hours without eating! I did not think that was possible but yes, all you people who told me he could you were right. Please don't call me on it to my face and make me say it to your face. I am too sleep deprived to be nice about it!
Tonight Jeff is on duty and I may buy some ear plugs and sleep all night for the first time in I don't know when. What will it be like to feel rested?
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
3 comments:
Well I am glad you finally are getting some sleep. And that is all I will say about that. Some babies (you) used a pacifier for the same thing that he is using you for. I hate to say that it took me 8 or 9 months to figure out that you could find the pacifer on your own if you wanted, because I would get up find it and stick it in you mouth and you would go right back to sleep. We've all been there as first time mommies.
How nice the joys of the little Chitlens awaking at night. You make me happier to fight with the 3 year old about going to bed since most likely he will stay in bed. I hope the streak continues, I know how frustrating that can be Meghann would wake me up and tell me about it when C and B were little. Somehow daddy's have it easier sleeping throught the noise.
I think it is called selective hearing in Father's. There must be a hidden button like the eyes in the back of the head thing that Mom's have going for them. Some how Father's are able to turn hearing off at night. Of course, you boys seemed to sleep through the night earlier than Aimee did. Maybe she was the teacher and I learned the lesson well.
Post a Comment