Sunday, June 15, 2008

Things I love about my Dad...

  • His sense of humor! Christmas pranks are so much fun to look forward to every year and who doesn't love "the bad joke of the day". ( He's getting so much better at remembering the punch line too!)
  • He can fix anything. Even if he doesn't know how, he tries and most of the time trying and then fixing the fix usually works out well in the end. By the way Dad if your reading this when you come home I have a few things on my list after Mom is done with you.
  • He makes the best omlets!
  • He brought me flowers on my 16th birthday.
  • He let me drive his bug even after I wrecked the first car he bought me.
  • Reading the comics on Sundays with you when I was a kid and then fighting over them when I got a little older.
  • After years of watching the history channel he is a wealth of information.
  • He's always dreaming big. Does any one else fill out the whole Publishers clearing house sweep stake paper and never in like 20 years buy a magazine from them? Then on January 20th wait for the knock? I'm pretty sure one day Dad is going to win it all!
  • The only time he wears shorts are on vacation with my mother (because that's what she packs for him) or when he refs soccer and both occasions he pulls his socks way up!
  • He falls asleep during every sermon he has ever heard and if you ever go to church with him don't sit by him during the singing!

I know I'm going to think of a million other things once I leave the computer but I'll save some for next year ;) I love you Dad , Happy Father's Day!

**** Night 3 of Operation Sleep through the night went better I think - Jeff was on duty and said he only fussed a few times but he never went to check on him. So, either he is starting to sleep better or Jeff is a zombie and didn't wake up when he cried. Either way I slept through the night for the first time since before he was born!

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

Yes and my list starts with the shed that the boys were suppose to put things away in. They did, but threw everything in the door. I hope to gain the porch back before he leaves. We will put the Christmas stuff away less than half the time before it will have to come out again. I am also hoping to get my dining room painted, but we will see. We will also be spending time with Grandkids and he seems to think they might prefer Schlitterban over Sea World. I am not sure Grandma is ready to take three on such a trip.