If you know Jeff you know that he doesn't do anything halfway. If he decides to go for it he will give it 110%. While I do love his enthusiasm sometimes he drives me crazy! In the 4 1/2 years of marriage he has gone through several obsessions, I mean hobbies.
The first one I remember was wieght lifting, which involved protein shakes and creatin and many visits to GNC for other powdery substances that would transform his muscles into bulging powerhouses. Then he decided it was too expensive and quit. Since then we've done paintball, "camping" and I don't know what else.
Finally I decided to take control and introduce him to a hobby that would keep him home so in a stroke of genius I bought him a guitar for Christmas! It was a hit and he taught himself how to play. Now he serenades me on a regular basis ( I especially like it when he sings "Hey good looking, what you got cooking?" Do you know anyone else who knows all the words to that song?)
BUT NOW.... He wants to do a triathalon. I am so glad he wants to work out on a regular basis but I'm dreading the new shoes and bike and shorts and helmet and vitamins and all the other things we are going to have to buy now. Oh well, When he takes me to Hawaii for the Iron Man competition I won't be complaining then! This might also help us break the sugar addiction we've developed over the last few months. He says I can't bake any more desserts but I got him to ammend the rule about absolutely no desserts so now we are down to one night a week. ( Today doesn't count since I ate that snickers bar before we made the rule and he doesn't know about it.)
You know you live in the country....
14 years ago
1 comment:
Awsome triathalon thing. I would love to compete in one they have one here every year, you can do a sprint wich is a half triathalon with all the events or you can go full bore. I only do things one way, full bore. I have the bike and the will hopefully my body can manage the rest. The Bike is expensive and there are certain must have have Jeff talk to me I have done some homework.
Post a Comment